Sapa is a highland town, is a famous resort of Sapa district, Lao Cai province, Vietnam. Located about 379 km from Hanoi City, Sapa is the residence of the ethnic minorities including Mong, Dao, Tay, Giay, Xa Pho, Kinh, Hoa, etc. Sapa is actually one of the most ideal destinations for tourists when visiting Vietnam. To get to Sapa from Hanoi, you can refer to 3 ways that we share as follows:
If you travel by train, you will depart at Tran Quy Cap Station in the city center of Hanoi and stop at Lao Cai Station. This trip from Hanoi to Lao Cai Station will last more 10 hours. The ticket price depends on the quality of services on the train, e.g. hard chair or couchette, normal day or holiday. To get tickets, you should make a reservation at the train station. It’s better for you if you book a round-trip ticket for both outward and return journey from Tran Quy Cap Station to Lao Cai Station and vice verse. From Lao Cai Station to Sapa Town, it takes you about 40 km of the sinuous mountain roads. You can catch the bus or motorbike taxi to reach to Sapa; however, it’s safer and more convenient for you to travel by bus. For the return journey, the train will leave Lao Cai Station around 7 p.m and arrive in Hanoi at 4 a.m. Therefore, you should prepare for this by booking taxi or contact someone to pick you up after leaving the station at such an early hour.
2. By car
Like travelling by train, it’s relatively popular to get Sapa by car. You can catch the car at My Dinh Station, Luong Yen Station, Giap Bat Station or Gia Lam Station. It’s much more convenient because these cars will go straight to Sapa Town without stopping at Lao Cai Station as when you travel by train. There are some car firms with the route: Hanoi – Sapa such as Hai Van, Sao Viet, Hung Thanh, Viet Bus. These cars often depart at night to save time. The ticket price can change depending on the providers. It takes you about 8 – 9 hours to get to Sapa. Besides, you can also hire a private car (the cost depends on the type of car what you hire) for your group or drive your own car.
The following are some car firms with the route of Hanoi – Sapa that you can consult:
(1) Sao Viet Passenger Car:
- Route: Mỹ Đình Hà Nội <-> Sapa
- Departure time: from 5 a.m to 21 p.m every day and every 30 minutes/trip
- Contact: My Dinh Station: 04 3995 8127 – Giap Bat Station: 04 8586 7815 – The Center of Management: 04 3668 6358
(2) Viet Bus Passenger Car:
- Route: 284 Giai Phong Street, Hanoi <-> Sapa
- Departure time: 06.30 – 07.30 – 08.30 – 09.00 – 18.30 – 19.30 – 20.00 – 21.00
- Contact: 043 627 27 27
(3) Hung Thanh Passenger Car:
- Route: Hanoi City <-> Sapa
- Depart from My Dinh Station: 5 p.m
- Depart from Luong Yen Station: 18.30 – 20.00- 20.30
- Depart from Gia Lam Station: from 9 a.m to 7 p.m
- Contact to buy tickets:
- My Dinh Station: 0989 294 294
- No. 8 Tam Trinh: 04 3633 7575
- No. 42C Vo Thi Sau: 04 3622 7329
- No. 39 Cau Giay: 04 3766 6199
- No. 162B Tran Quang Khai: 04 3927 4285
- Lao Cai: 0989 753 753
- Sapa: 0988 287 630
3. By motorcycle
You can also travel to Sapa by motorcycle, but it’s not a safe way because of the far distance and difficult terrain; this is only proper for the adventurers. There is a variety of routes to get to Sapa. There are two main routes as follows:
(1) Hanoi – Vinh Phuc – Viet Tri – Phong Chau – Doan Hung – Yen Bai – Lao Cai – Sa Pa ( Total: 360 km ).
(2) Hanoi – Hoa Lac – Son Tay – Thanh son – Along 32 nation road ( Total: 420 km )
It’s too easy, isn’t it? So, what have you been waiting for? Many marvelous things are waiting for you in Sapa. Let’s join with us!
By Thanh Nhàn